Sunday, May 23, 2010

Destash Emergency

I got a little greedy the other day. I bought an enormous bag full of exquisite vintage trimmings from the 60s and 70s. The lady who sold it to me said she bought the treasures some years ago from a Dutch lady, who had kept them on her attic in Amsterdam. When I came home dragging the huge sack, sweating and puffing, up the stairs, I realised had more than enough. And not all of them would suit for my delicate recycled jewellery. So I made a wise (I hope) decision and opened a destash shop on Etsy.

Take a look here

And here are a few snaps of the vintage lace and trimmings I'll be using for making my jewellery. Some of them are on bits of Dutch newspapers with the dates on! 1971 and 1975! I think some lace is even older than that.

fabula destash vintage trims

fabula vintage trims

vintage trims

No comments:

Post a Comment